Does not last long during sex. Urinate only small amounts of urine. Help?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
my son is 19 years old. Has had a bad break up with his girlfriend, who he had a good sexual relationship with for 3 years. There are 2 problems that may be linked. First is he is not lasting long at all when having sex (HE said about 10 seconds which hasn't happened before.) This has stopped him seeing other girls. Secondly he is urinating a lot during the day but only small amounts of urine. Doctor tested for infection but had none. Hope you can help. Thankyou
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it may indiciate urogenital disorder

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.
it can be related and his emotional stress may affect his urinary and sexual function. But also you should rule out some diseases especially when considering his urinating difficulties. It may indicate urine flow obstruction as wee see in prostate enlargement or prostatitis. Also some ureteral stones,kidney disorders or bladder disorders may cause it as well. So I suggest to do at least urogenital ultrasound or I.v. urography if his problems persist. His premature ejaculation may be something else and this is in most cases psychologicaly determined so it should improve after his emotional life stabilize.wish you good health. Regards