Does my semen analysis report read normal ?

Hi Doctor, My age is 28. Married for past 2 years and we are planning from past 5 months. Below are my semen analysis reports; Please advise the future course of action on the treatement : Thanks a lot.
Volume - 6 ML, Colour - Grayish opalescent, Viscosity - Normal, pH - 7.3, sperm agglutination - NO, Concentration - 7.5*10, Motility - NIL, remarks - Oligoasthenozoospermia.
Sperm Morphology - Normal 01%, abnormal 99%. remarks - Teratozoospermia.

My wife's Rubella IGG report : Positive
Value of test 27, Interpretation of value of test
<10 UI/ML - Negative, >=10&15 UI/ML - Equivocal, >=15 UI/ML - Positive.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Hi Manubarwal,

Let me address your wife's problem first.Positive IgG test for rubella indicates prior infection of rubella virus.This can sometimes cause difficulty in conception.Some drugs are available that are prescribed for a few months before planning conception that may help in maintaining the pregnancy.Risk of hemorrhage,infertility,miscarriage etc are possible.You doctor will be able to provide the necessary prescription.If even the vaccine is take in the past the test might be positive.

In your semen report,Teratozoospermia and oligoasthenozoospermia mean that your sperm count,motility and morphology are poor.In such cases,the sperm is of too poor quality for conception.In your particular case,IVF would probably be the most advisable treatment.Medical treatment for your case is usually ineffective or almost nil.

I think you need to see a good fertility specialist for further management and to get all the possible IVF options .

Follow-up: Does my semen analysis report read normal ? 38 minutes later
Thanks for the answer.
Please advise will testicular biopsy help in getting any further information on the root cause of this problem or is it that IVF is the only option left now. Can you also give an idea as to what is the success rate of IVF and the tentative cost involved.
Also please let me know in your personal opinion will any Ayurvedic OR Homeopathy treatement work.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
I do not consider that testicular biopsy will be beneficial.It will be un necessary surgery since the sperm quality cannot be improved.Frankly there is no allopathic medicines to treat this .Sometimes herbal supplements are given by some alternative medicine consultants but the success rate is poor.IVF with donor sample might be the only option.The cost may be anywhere between 50,000 to 1 lakh RS per cycle.Again success rate will depend on your wife's condition.As I said the chances of complications are there.
Personally I cannot comment on alternative medicine treatments.