Does my blood pressure and glucose reading indicate any abnormality?
User rating for this question
diabetic with high blood pressure has bp of 70/40 after a month without insulin. glucose is 400.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You require immediate attention. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I could elicite from the details that you are a diabetic and a hypertensive. But the blood pressure you have mentioned is low. Either you have typed it wrong or it's actually low. If it's actually this value. This requires admission. Blood sugar you have mentioned is very high. I recommend you following investigations: 1. Hemogram 2. Kidney function test 3. HbA1c 4. Urine routine and microscopy 5. ECG. You require immediate attention and blood sugar control else you could lend into a serious complication called as Diabetic Keto acidosis. If you are already on drugs for diabetes , and you have this reading , you will probably require insulin therapy. I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.
People also viewed
- Does an echocardiogram show a heart murmur
- Can siphene delay menses
- Progesterone withdrawal for delayed menses
- Delayed period and norflex
- Abnormal blood pressure readings
- Reasons for short delay in menstration
- Does my blood pressure indicate any abnormality
- Does a hernia cause high blood pressure
- Metronidazole and delayed menstruation
- Does a blood pressure of 15085 indicate any abnormality
- Does beer raise your blood pressure
- Do people withn tachycardia have normal life span
- Does the blood pressure level indicate any abnormality
- Does my blood pressure and glucose reading indicate any abnormality
- Crestor makes my legs swell