Does lump in breast with pain and tenderness,need doctor's examination?

Hi Dr Grief I am a 44 year old female. I am experiencing pain and tenderness in both of my breasts and I have discovered a lump in my left breast. I also have been experiencing a sharp shooting pain in my lower right forearm. Should I have see my doctor about these symptoms? Thanks Lindy
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lump in the breast warrants doctor examination Detailed Answer: Hi Pain and tenderness in the both the breasts could be because of cyclical hormonal changes or due to inflammation in the breast. A new lump in the left breast concerns me. It always requires a doctor's examination to note the nature of the lump and record the findings. The other symptoms of shooting pain in the lower right forearm may be incidental and may not be due to breast changes. You can address this issue while you see your regular doctor for breast examination. Hope this answers you.