Does liptor usuage lead to severe lower back pain and difficulty to walk?

I'm on 80mg liptor , have developed sevear lower back pain, kidney area , very divicult to walk . thank you
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Emergency medical review, ultrasound, plain film o Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is difficult and early to attribute these symptoms to liptor. Liptor for sure has side effects. Difficulties in walking and pain around the kidney area however are not common side effects of this drug. It would be better , in my opinion, to exclude other causes of the pain. It is important to know for how long you have been on this drug. In case these symptoms started only after starting the drug, one could attribute these symptoms to the drug. Pain around the kidney area, first deserves a careful clinical examination. Characteristics of the pain like the type of pain, intensity, how it fluctuates, aggravating and relieving factors, and also the symptoms accompanying the pain are important to be precised. This information for sure shall guide other tests required to ascertain the exact cause of the pain. A plain film of the abdomen and an abdominal ultrasound would be very urgent to get done. Difficulties in walking and pain around the kidney area would suggest in most cases kidney stones, or in case of fever, an infection. A proper clinical and review and an ultrasound are most urgent in this case. An X ray of the lumbar region of the spine could also be asked. This shall however depend on the outcome of the clinical review. I suggest you consult your primary care doctor of emergency physician for a quick diagnosis and appropriate management. Kind regards. Dr Bain