Does lack of sleep interfere with the HIV blood test?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I had sex with a person who was possibly infected with hiv jul 2012. since then I have had two fevers, my tongue is white with large swollen glans twords the back, and my glans in my throwt and in my groin seem enlarged. I have had three tested all negative, three months, eight months and about a year after possible exposer. i do not have a very good sleeping habit and i was wondering if lack of sleep can interfere with the hiv blood test?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV testing Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Health care magic. I have gone through your query and would like to explain few points about HIV and infection caused by HIV. HIV is Human Immunodeficiency Virus which causes a disease condition called as AIDS. HIV gains entry into the body through the mucosa of genitalia during sexual intercourse and then this virus reaches the local lymph nodes and multiplies there. Then after multiplication it spills into the blood after about 4-11 days of exposure. After 11 days, HIV can be detected in the blood sample. As the virus multiplies in the local lymph nodes, there is swelling of lymph nodes of groin in early infection. Now coming to your history, you have had a possible exposure in July 2012 and since then you have been tested for HIV three times and all of them have given negative results. Most probably you are not infected with HIV. I would like to know which HIV tests you have undergone so that I can suggest if any further testing is required for confirmation of HIV status. Lack of sleep does not interfere with the HIV blood test. It would be good if you could upload the images of test reports on the link provided on the right hand side of the webpage. I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily. Please get back with details I have asked for and any more queries regarding the same. Thanks.