Does intake of Zentel 3 days prior to conception have any effect on the pregnancy ?

Please help me. I took two ZENTEL 200 mg tablets 3 days before I had unprotected sex with my husband. I might be pregnant now so I am really worried as it says that I shouldn't take zentel 1 month before getting pregnant.. I wasn't pregnant when I took it, but the embryo probably implanted 2 weeks after I took it..should I have an abortion or what should I do? Please??
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later

In my opinion, albendazole intake 3 days before conception is not going to effect pregnancy because half life (duration for which drug stays in body)of albendazole typically varies from 8-12 hrs. It is to be avoided in first 3 months of pregnancy. You do not need to undergo abortion for this reason. Remember to have congenital anomaly scan.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.