Does increased work load and stress cause erectile dysfunction and back pain ?

From last 3-4 months i am NOT getting erection, please advice, This problem is occurring since 3-4 months only, during these months i was having more work load and stress from work side.I am having back pain during these period and taking painkiller

Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 26 minutes later

What I can understand from your query is that you were having regular erections earlier which has not been occurring since 3-4 months.

Since you were having regular erections earlier, the problem you are facing may be due to stress or it can be due to psychological reasons in your case.

It can be due to stress or anxiety or the anxiety of non performance which is effecting your erections.

I hope you are not taking any alcohol or smoking as sometimes these can also cause erectile dysfunction.

I will describe some simple measures which you can incorporate and these should help you. First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any), indulge in physical exercise and eat a healthy diet. Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress.

You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex. Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is very effective. If however the symptoms persist then we need to rule out certain medical conditions. These include diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone and neurological causes.

The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is sildenafil, which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting. However it is not safe to take this drug without a doctor’s advise and moreover it is important to rule out these medical conditions as well.

So please consult a urologist if even after the lifestyle modifications you are having no erections.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions then please do post us.