Does gall bladder removal cause an increase heart rate and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
Does gall bladder removal cause an increase heart rate and shortness of breath on exercise?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No direct connection

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that as such there is no direct link between gall bladder removal and heart rate or shortness of breath.

However as surgery itself is a stress to whole body including heart due to which in some case these symptoms occurs as a part of complication of any major surgery.

It's advisable that you should get an Ecg and an Echocardiography done and consult a cardiologist personally to rule out any event which might have happened to heart after surgery.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap