Does free fluid in pouch of Douglas affects fertilization in pregnancy?

Mar 2013
how does free fluid in pouch of XXXXXXX affects fertilization n pregnancy?
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
As such, free fluid in the the pouch of XXXXXXX has no importance.
During the normal menstrual cycle, around ovulation, there is always some amount of free fluid in the pouch of XXXXXXX
The pouch of XXXXXXX lies behind the uterus.
Also, in some kind of mild pelvic or abdominal infections, fluid collects in the pouch of XXXXXXX
Please upload and send me the entire ultrasound scan report so that I can provide you more detailed information.
If it is just an isolated finding in the ultrasound scan, and there is minimal fluid ( amount of fluid also matters ), then it has NO IMPACT on fertilization and pregnancy.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.