Does eating sabudana helps to gain weight?

I'm a model n I like to eat sabudana, is sabudana gains weight?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Sabudana is extremely low in fat but also low in protein. As it's just starch, a type of the carbohydrates, nutrition-wise, sabudana does not contain any minerals or vitamins and has very low amounts of calcium, iron, and fiber. However, you can make up for this by using other ingredients with it, such as milk for making sabudana kheer/payasam/gruel or vegetables and peanuts for making sabudana khichdi.
You can take it as addition but not as staple diet. You must have a balanced diet to remain healthy. Being skinny and sick only by taking sabudana would not be appealing. It has fair amount of energy but deficient on other necessary dietary content like fat and protein.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!