Does consumption of wine cause spinning of head and vomiting?

Dr I just got up in the morning now and the world seems to be spinning around (hence my husband is typing this). I have already vomited once. The back of my neck to the base of my head is also hurting. I am female 35, 49 kg, and around 5 feet in height. I am not pregnant though my period is late this month. Yesterday I had gone out for dinner with some friends and had 3 glasses of wine, but this was over a period of 3.5 hours and I felt fine when I came back. As a last bit I take vitamin b complex and a calcium supplement on my own accord everyday.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 55 minutes later
Brief answer....given below. Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. There could be numerous possibilities for your spinning of head and vomiting. It could be a hangover caused by consumption of alcohol. It could be a beginning symptom of food poisioning Lastly it may be due to pregnancy. I would advise you to wait and watch for your symptoms. In case it is hangover,then it should be all right in the course of next few hours. If it is a food poisioning,then your symtoms would get worse. Get your urine checked for pregnancy. In the mean time take water with lemon and pinch of salt or some coconut water and plenty of plain water to kerp you hydrated well. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further assistance. Best of luck Thanks