Does an overdue period and bloated feeling indicate pregnancy?

Hi I am 51 100lbs and 5ft 8inches, took Levonelle 2 weeks ago, now period is 5 days late. Pregnancy test twice first negative and second no clear result. Feel bloated and frequent trips to loo. Could I be pregnant? What should I do my doctor says wait another month I am worried
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

If your second pregnancy test is inconclusive and your periods are overdue then you need to get your blood sample checked for hcg levels. A rising titre of hcg after 48 hours of repeat sample will confirm the pregnancy.

Or you can wait for one 3-4 more days and repeat the pregnancy test with an early morning sample of urine.

Feeling bloated and frequent urination are non specific symptoms do not help in diagnosing the pregnancy.

Till then you need to use other methods of contraception.

If repeated pregnancy test comes negative then other causes like PCOD, hypothyroidism, anaemia, etc need to be ruled out with the help of your gynaecologist.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.