Does an hairline fracture get healed on its own?

Two nights ago, I fell four feet onto my hip, (floor was concrete). I can walk with pain, but there is also pain in my groin on that side and the pain continues even at rest. So I need to pursue this? Will a hairline fracture get better on its own? XXXX
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO, get it investigated!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this fall and the pain that you reported. Yes, a hairline fracture can get better on it own but not when we are not fully aware of what is going on. We need to do tests to find out what the problem is and propose a treatment plan accordingly. If it were to be a hairline fracture without us knowing, you may not take the necessary precautions and rather aggravate the condition . If it were to be something more concerning, then we would have missed the perfect opportunity to get it addressed in a timely fashion. In any case, please, it is of paramount interest that you get consulted and and the exact problem diagnosed and managed accordingly. You would need at least an x-ray to look at the hip bones. For now, I recommend resting, minimal weight bearing on the affected side, walk with an adapted crutches and use pain medications to relief the pains. I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks for utilizing our services, we very much appreciate it. Dr. Ditah, MD.