Does a torn suture cause sharp burning pain in back of shoulder?

I have a history of two surgeries to repair a slap tear on right shoulder 1st surgery on 4/2012 and it was re injured and second surgery on 11/2012 due to suture being blown out. Two days ago I was carrying boxes and moving things while on the job and did not notice any sharp pain however that afternoon I noticed that I have a sharp almost burning pain in my back of my shoulder blade that gets worse when I am walking or sitting without back support. I am concerned I may have torn suture out, or maybe it is old scar tissue that tore? I took a hydrocodone, iced and heated it. Relieved some but not all of pain, and the pain is increasing. I have also noticed an increase in popping and grinding in my shoulder and some pain that goes down my back of arm now and again.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NSAID with muscle relaxant.Arm rest.Examination Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. The sharp burning pain that is getting worse while walking raise the strong suspicion of musculo-skeletal pain. Since you are currently suffering from common cold, this will aggravate the musculo-skeletal pain. So for now you should restrict the movement of your right upper limb, wear arm sling and need to take NSAID (aceclofenac/ibuprofen) with muscle relaxant (Tizanidine/chlorzoxazone) along with plenty of fluids and cold compression. This will help in reducing the pain and also to reduce any inflammation. The chances of torn suture or old scar tissue is there but since the pain started after some time of work (lifting boxes) the possibility is less. So just to confirm that the surgical site is normal and for examination I advice you to consult your doctor once. Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask if any related queries and I will be glad to help you. If satisfied kindly rate my answer and write a review as well. Wish you faster recovery and good health. Regards