Does Zenatane taken for acne cause harm to the fetus?

Apr 2014

I'm starting to take Zenatane for acne (I'm a male). My wife is pregnant, as long as she doesn't ingest a pill, should I worry that the baby could be affected at all?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You don't worry. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us Zenatane contains Isotretinoin and it causes complications in the fetus. You should't worry.It will not cause any damage to the fetus unless your wife ingest it. There is no harm if it is taken by you.You can take it safely.It can't be transmitted to your baby by you. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX