Does Warfarin cause sleeping problems?

does warfarin cause problems sleeping
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Radhika 29 minutes later

You are taking Warfarin 10mg and suffering from sleeping problems.

I would like to know for what reasons and from how long you are taking these tablets.

Insomnia and fatigue are known side effects of Warfarin. Because of the fatigue even if the person has adequate sleep he feels drowsy throughout the day.

The additional information may be useful for you. Other common side effects are Nausea, loss of appetite, or stomach/abdominal pain, hair loss, bleeding gums.

Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. If you feel that this is causing you major discomfort you will have to discuss with your Physician for complete evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have no further follow up queries you can accept the answer.

Follow-up: Does Warfarin cause sleeping problems? 2 hours later
since i started to take 10 mg of warfarin at 4 and at 9 at night i can seem to get to sleep till 300 in the morning , should i start to take at 12.00 in the afternoon , so as not to have this problem thanks
Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

At this time, it is prudent to discuss the change of dose/timings of drug with your treating doctor who had analyzed your problem better. Since we have not examined you physically, it is better you consult your physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.