Does Progynova needs tapering to stop the medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is It advisible to come off 1mg progynova after 5 years gradually or all at once
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
Progynova is given to counteract the post menopausal symptoms.
If you want to stop consuming it you can stop it all at once without any dose tapering as your uterus has already been removed. It will not cause any noticeable side effects due to the withdrawal.
You can follow your gynecologist's instructions to counteract the menopausal symptoms that will reappear.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.