Does PCOS cause headaches and tightening of throat?

Hi . I have a question . I've just been diagnose with pcos . Does that comes with headaches And tightening of throat . Lately I've been having those symptoms and tiredness
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Generalized tiredness and weight gain are commonly associated with PCOD. The headache and tightening sensation in your throat is more likely to be due to anxiety.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.