Does Dementia lead to Alzheimer?

I'm XXXX My brother in Kirkwood Mo. has Dementia and is locked up. Does this mean he will be a Alzheimer patent later on..?/?///???? He a blind man. He has a very unfair life. XXXX
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are many reasons for being locked up Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. There are many reasons for being locked up. It could be a late onset psychosis/major depression with psychosis/mood disorder or it could be dementia as well. Being blind predisposes him to delirium as well. Its a possibility that he could be having dementia as well but for that he has to have slowly progressive forgetfullness. If he was having this problem then it is likely that he may be having dementia as well. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.