Does Bactrim affect birth control implant?
User rating for this question
Took generic brand of bectrim for a UTI for 5 days. Would this affect my Nexplanon birth control implant?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No, Detailed Answer: Thank you for using XXXXXXX I would love to help you Bactrim will not effect your nexplanon. One of the advantages of the implant over using pills is that it avoids passing through the liver to get processed, like pills do. When pills get processed by your liver when you are on antibiotics, the liver fil;ters out the birth control faster than usual so the blood levels are lower, hence they could be less effective. However, the nexplanon does not have this problem. I wouldn't worry about the effectiveness of the nexplanon that you are using. I hope this was helpful to you, please let me know if you have any more questions.
People also viewed
- Ice for swollen labia
- Ttc have light pink to red mucus discharge
- Do laxatives affect nexplanon birth control implants
- Can taking microgynon trigger ibs
- Tubulo cystic mass
- Legs are like ice
- Twinges ovaries a week before period
- Using meftal spas during pregnancy
- Ice therapy for weight loss
- Taking zofran with ibuprofen
- Seasonique birth control with bactrim
- Unable to urinate after hysteroscopy
- Does bactrim affect birth control
- Does bactrim affect birth control implant
- Will sudafed affect my birth control implant nexplanon