Does Azithromycin contain HCG?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Does azithromycin contain hcg?
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
No azithromycin does not contain hcg .
Azithromycin is an antibiotic used for treating infections and belongs to the macrolide group of antibiotics like Erythromycin .
Chemically it's an azalide,with the molecular formula C38H72N2O12 and the tablet may contain additives like dibasic calcium phosphate anhydrous, pregelatinized starch, sodium croscarmellose, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate and an aqueous film coat consisting of hypromellose, titanium dioxide, lactose and triacetin.
Hcg is a hormone human chorionic gonadotropin which is available as different brand names like HUCOG , ovadex , Ovidrel , pregnyl etc.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries.
Follow-up: Does Azithromycin contain HCG? 15 minutes later
I don't even see an answer to my first question
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later
I am sorry but could you please explain your query.
The first query was
1. Does azithromycin contain hcg . The answer is NO and has been thoroughly explained in my first answer.
The second follow up query reads that you cant see the answer to your first query which could be due to some technical error .
Kindly report the problem to customer care so that it can be fixed soon.
In case you mean the answer is inadequate kindly elaborate your query and I assure to clear any further doubts .
Kindly pardon me in case I have misinterpreted your query and feel free to convey your doubts .
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Awaiting your response.