Do we need to wait a certain amount of time to let birth control pills get out of my system before trying to conceive?

General Surgeon
I've been on birth control pills for about 8.5 years, but my husband and I are finally ready to start a family. I took my last "real" pill on Nov. 26 and my last placebo pill on Dec. 3. Do we need to wait a certain amount of time to let the hormones get out of my system before trying to conceive?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Post contraceptive pill, one can plan pregnancy as per need and desire.

It is always better to wait for one cycle before trying to conceive.

If You were on a low dose "progesterone only" pill, you can go ahead with your plan of conceiving without delay.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you good health. And good luck with your pregnancy.