Do urine pregnancy test takes some time to become positive?

I stopped nursing my son at 20months. no periods while nursing.1st period XXXXXXX 7th lasted about 5days. I had one spot of blood on the 29th which would aline with implanting if it was a 28day cycle. I took a neg test on feb 4th and 8th. Postive tests the 14th and about 3days later. Todays was barely there and a digital test tonight said negative. no spotting. I read tests arent as effective after 5-6weeks which i could be.These are home pregnancy tests. dipped into urine for the time the test told. The most recent test was a digtal home test
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urine or blood pregnancy test results? Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX There are two types of pregnancy tests; one uses a urine sample, the other a sample of blood. Both tests detect the presence of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). Kindly reply with your questions so that I can guide you further. Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: Do urine pregnancy test takes some time to become positive? 6 minutes later
are you still here?
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer: You need scan and serum beta HCG levels checked. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, if you are sexually active and not using any contraception you are at risk of getting pregnant. As you rightly said urine pregnancy test takes some time to become positive, usually it takes 4 weeks or more to become positive. As your pregnancy test are not correlating, I advise you to get a scan pelvis to rule out pregnancy, along with scan its ideal to get serum beta HCG levels (pregnancy hormone) checked. Depending on the reports treatment can be planned. If the tests comes negative then we usually give progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding. I also advise you to plan for a contraception of your choice. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!