Do I have stomach pain due to fungal infection?

General Surgeon
Question
I am having stomach pain for past 2 days with diahorrea. i had hotel food for 2 days in my native
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Follow-up: Do I have stomach pain due to fungal infection? 5 minutes later
Pain is not continuous, but suddely it starts and there for some time and feel like going to toilet but nothing. is this becauase of any fungal infection. stomach is noisy.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 7 minutes later
Hello ,

As you consumed hotel food for 2 days .

As hotel foods if not prepared hygienically it can lead to intestinal infection which can be the root cause of diarrhea and abdominal pain .

Pain in such cases is colicky in nature.

So you need a course of antibiotics & anti-amoebic drugs ,you will be fine with in a day or two.

Several combinations are available in the market ,you can choose any one with the advice of your primary treating physician.

Take plenty of liquids to avoid dehydration ,which may occur after diarrhea.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Follow-up: Do I have stomach pain due to fungal infection? 1 hour later
Can you please suggest some antibiotics and anti amoebic tablets for the same.
Follow-up: Do I have stomach pain due to fungal infection? 4 minutes later
I do not have any other medical issues.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 7 hours later
Hello Chockalingam,

Nice to hear from you again.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

It is a simple disease which needs treatment for a few days & is very common among Indians.

I suggest you to please visit your physician to get the required prescription. You can ask for drugs belonging to Fluoroquinolones group and also Anti- amoebic medications.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”