Dizziness,burping,bloating,normal ECG,normal echo,USG,endoscopy,cervical spondylosis

General Surgeon
age 35
height 185 cm
weight 88 kg
I feel dizziy, burping and bloating. I had recently had my health check my ECG is normal, Echo is normal, stress test is negative, USG is normal and GI Endoscopy is normal. What may be the cause for this? Clean habits with no drink and smoke. Taking BP tablet Actiblock IPR 25 mg for past one year
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Thanks for query.

Since you mention that your ECG, USG, ECHO, and stress test are normal, cardiac causes are usually ruled out.

I would like to know here if you are suffering from headache or any other ENT problems.

At thins point of time I also suggest you to undergo evaluation by a physician and ENT specialist once for the same reason.

You also need to undergo basic necessary investigations which include blood work up, audiometry, CT scan etc.

Sign & symptoms of dizziness,burping & bloating suggest may also suggest digestive disorder or problem.

Disturbance in digestive enzymes secreted by liver ,pancreas and bile of gall bladder can cause burping & bloating ,but not dizziness.

So in such case liver function should be assessed & Enzymatic preparation may help you.

Avoidance of fatty ,fried ,junk foods may relief you.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

I will be available for follow up questions if any.

Follow-up: Dizziness,burping,bloating,normal ECG,normal echo,USG,endoscopy,cervical spondylosis 47 hours later
I have headache sometimes. I do have cervical spondylosis C5-C6 nerve compression
Nice to see you again

Cervical spondylosis can be main reason for dizziness and headache.

So proper treatment is essential for it ,like traction ,analgesics ,avoidance of pillow.

For bloating and burping change of food habit may help.
Avoid Baked beans,Broccoli,Brussels sprouts,Cabbage,Carbonated drinks,Cauliflower,Chewing gum,Fruits such as apples, peaches and pears,Lettuce.

Eat and drink slowly. Taking your time can help you swallow less air.
Avoid carbonated drinks and beer. They release carbon dioxide gas.
Skip the gum and hard candy. When you chew gum or suck on hard candy, you swallow more often than normal. Part of what you're swallowing is air.
Don't smoke. When you inhale smoke, you also inhale and swallow air.

Opinion of gastroenterologist & orthopedic may help you more .

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”