Dizziness, tiredness, low bp. Should I see a doctor?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I am 55 years old. Female my BP is 101-112/57 . I feel dizzy and very tired. My dr. appointment is in one week. Should I see a doctor before then? Otherwise I am healthy. Thank-you.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
This is slightly decreased blood pressure which can be related to your symtpoms. Is your BP usually like this? I dont think that these are serious symptoms, but if you start to feel chest pain, breathing difficulties or your dizzyness progress you should visit doctor. In most cases tretament is not needed, you can try drink plenty of fluids and increase the amount of salt in your diet. Also lie down with raised legs and avoid long standing and quick sitting up. I hope this will help.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help