Dizziness on getting up, black outs, heart palpitations, headaches. On roaccutane for anemia. Causes for dizziness?

Sometimes when I get up or stretch I get so dizzy that I have to lean on something for a good few seconds (sometimes up to say, 30 seconds) and other times i 'black out' (not unconciouse i don't think, but i have to literally think back to myself and remember things when i'm 'coming round': where am i, what's going on? why am i leaning on this table/on the floor/on the bed? it's okay, my name's XXXXXXX i was just getting ready to go to uni, i need to this, that and this today...) also my heart beats really fast at random times (even if i'm still) and when i go upstairs or blow my nose too hard my head starts banging really powerfully (really bad headache) and takes a minute or so to go back to normal. i also get short of breath easily and have a tight feeling in my chest...i have been treated for anemia recently. I've also just completed a 4-month course of Roaccutane. These symptoms were present before but nowhere near this frequently or extreme. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 minutes later

It looks like you are suffering from what is known as postural hypotension, moat of your symptoms go hand in hand with the same however palpitation at irregular intervals is not common

I would strongly advice you to get an ECG and an ECHO done along with a consult with a cardiologist for the same. SOmetimes when your heart loses rhythm (which can happen after a jog, coffee, tea, a smoke) the palpitations come and when they do it disrupts blood supply to the various organs causing dizziness.

If ECG and ECHO comes as normal then the next step would be to go for a Holter which will take the ecg at the exact same time you are feeling dizzy and having palpitation.
Holter is a small ecg device, put on you and sent home to do your regular acivities. It will measure the ecg for 24 hours.

Have a nice day
If you have any doubts i will be happy to get back to you