Dizziness, no pain or rash, shivering and flushes of fever. What it could be?

Infertility Specialist
I have a fever and dizziness, no pain or rash, fell once while moving from one room in my house to another; am 63 years old with no health issues. Shivering and flushes of fever. Have not eaten anything unusual
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) It is normal to have fever one in a while as it is body's defence mechanism to ward off any unwanted infection and other things in body.

2) When you have fever, body needs rest. Please take paracetamol tablets available over the counter and sleep for good duration which will bring down these symptoms in 2 days.

3) Shivering during fever is due to temperature adjustment mechanism of body and hence not to be worried.

All you need now is simple paracetamol and adequate rest.

I hope I answered your query. Please get bak to me if there are any doubts.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol