Ask a Urologist   »  

Dizziness, no energy, nausea, diarrhea, increased urination, abdominal pain. Do I have cancer?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Im 26 I started out with dizziness and now I have no energy,nausea,diarrhea,increasesed urination
I've been to doctor treated for Uti but it's worse I was also having pain in abdomen and back and my head feels like pressure I have aches and pain it's been 5 days since I've ate please help no insurance and I'm scared I'll die every night I think I have cancer
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Hi there.

Do you have any other known health conditions like diabetes, blood pressure problems etc. ?

Do you have fever, chills, rigors, burning sensation on passing urine ?

Are you on any medication ?

Do you consume a lot of coffee or colas ?

How often do you get such attacks ?

There could be many causes for this clinical picture. Commonly dehydration due to caffeine intake, possible gastrointestinal infection, food poisoning, urinary bladder and sometimes even the kidneys. In such cases there would be fever, chills, rigors, nausea, weakness, back pain, lower abdominal pain and burning sensation on passing urine.

It would be best to keep well hydrated. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink a glass of Cranberry juice everyday as it helps to prevent Urinary tract infections.

You may take Acetaminophen tablet under medical supervision to get relief from headache and pain. An anti-emetic like Domperidone will do well to reduce nausea. You will also need antibiotics like Fluroquinolones which is best decided by your Doctor to cure you.

You will need to be investigated for the possibility of kidney and urinary bladder infection which may be causing these symptoms which is why I advise you to seek help at the nearest Emergency Room. Proper monitoring and required medication like antibiotics to fight the infection, will definitely help you tide over this trouble.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.