Dizziness, fever, abdominal pain, high heart rate and body pain. Is this an infection?

General Surgeon
Hi Monday I got very sick with vomiting the whole day, while feeling dizzy, had a fever. The next day I was no longer vomiting but still felt out of it had abdominal pain. I've been drinking plenty of fluids through out this period.Today is thursday and last night laying in bed, it was difficult to sleep, because I couldn't get my heart to rest, it felt like it was beat out of my chest, while all this is happening my body is in pain from my feet to my lower back. I woke up this morning with my heart beating hard, body pain is still occurring. What do you think I should do? And what do you think it is?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 50 minutes later

In a young man 22 years old feeling very sick with vomiting the whole day, with dizziness and fever, followed next day by abdominal pain suggests some kind infection.

These all are signs and symptoms of some infection.

It is good you took plenty of fluids, as it hydrates the body and helps in dilution of infection and excretion of bacterial toxins.

Fast beating of heart known as tachycardia and feeling the beating of heart known as palpitation can also occur in infection.

Body ache or whole body pain can also occur in infection.

You should get the routine blood and urine tested to confirm it. After investigation and consultation with your family doctor you can start a course of antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.