Dizziness, excessive sweating, pressure in the head. History of panic attacks. Taking Zoloft, Zanex. Are the symptoms due to infection or panic attacks?

ENT Specialist
I just recently went to the ER for chest tightness, dizzyness, hot flashes, head pressure and feeling like I was going to pass out. They did an EKG and blood work. They came back saying everything was fine and it was a panic attack. I am on Zoloft and Zanex but I am still feeling very dizzy. I had XXXXXXX mucos and think I may have an inner ear infection that maybe didn't show up??? I am scared about what is going on. I start off by getting dizzy, then feet start to sweat, then I start to feel pressure in my head and then I start to feel like I am going to pass out. What is wrong with me?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

According to the history provided by you, it is mentioned that there is presence of some XXXXXXX mucous. Presuming it to be either from the nose or from behind the throat, this could be a feature of sinusitis.

Sinusitis includes the features of discharge either from the nose or from behind the throat, pressure in the head or sinuses, headache with or without fever and occasionally associated with dizziness.

Seldom, an attack of flu or sinusitis can cause viral labyrinthitis or infection of the inner ear which can lead to severe dizziness, associated with tinnitus (noise in the ear) and pressure in the ears.

You will require a complete ENT examination to rule out sinusitis or viral labyrinthitis. Also an x-ray of the paranasal sinuses is required to confirm sinusitis.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon