Dizziness, confusion, muscle pain, quit taking Cipralex. Vitamins to ease withdrawal symptoms?

I quit taking cipralex a couple of weeks ago. I am experiencing some dizziness, confusion, aching muscles. Also, I am not feeling very patient, crazy dreams, many of the text book symptoms. I did decrease my doseage by half for the last year and quit as my prescription ran out. What I want to know is are there certain nutrients/vitamins I should take to make the withdrawal period easier and my long-term mental health better. Or do I renew my prescription and continue to decrease the dose by another half for a few weeks and another half again. I really just want to be off this drug.
Thanks a lot for your advice. XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later

Withdrawal symptoms of cipralex usually take 2-3 weeks to disappear. May be it is taking a bit longer in your case. We also must keep other causes like anxiety or relapse of depression in our mind.

Since you have already discontinued taking this drug a couple of weeks ago, there is no point in restarting it just to get off it. I suggest you to take mild anti anxiety agent like xanax. You may get this prescribed by your doctor. If the symptoms are severe, you need to get yourself evaluated from your psychiatrist.

There are no natural supplements that can help you in withdrawal symptoms.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.