Diverticulitis found in colonoscopy. Having reddish balls in stool, severe diarrhea

Further to my previous question. I had a colonoscopy yesterday and was provided with pictures and was told was diverticulitis which I knew I had, I don't think they did a biopsy for celiac's. Here are the pictures of the diverticulitis, what is the white stuff in the picture (note: this white stuff is the same that is in the strange yellow or red jelly like balls that pass in my stool and float, along with the balls, there appears to be something that resembles fish scales and is present when I have explosive diarrhea and it to floats?
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The white stuff that is seen in these pictures is likely to be related to some food stuff you have consumed recently or it may be shed off dead tissue in the colon due to an ongoing inflammatory process.
If it is a dead tissue then it will gradually decrease with treatment as the inflammation will reduce.
You can take a high fiber diet and plenty of fluids to have symptomatic relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.