Discomfort in lower abdomen, difficulty in urination. Ultrasound showed partially distended urinary bladder

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
Hello Doc,

This is my ultrasound report. It was done in the evening without the intake of water. I had light lunch in the afternoon and then had tea at 5:30 PM and no water. The ultrasound was done at 8:15 PM same day. I have no pain, but little discomfort in lower abdomen. It feels like some organ is touching inside the left lower abdomen. Urination is not painful.

Urinary Bladder
Urinary bladder is partially distended. No mass lesion, calculus or diverticulum noted in urinary bladder.

Prostate
Prostate appears normal in size, shape and echotexture

Hepatobiliary
The liver is normal in shape, size & position.
It shows increased reflectivity, suggestive of moderate fatty changes in the liver.

Pancreas:
Pancreas is normal morphologically.

Spleen
Spleen is unremarkable and appears normal in size, shape and echotexture.

No free fluid is seen in the abdomen and pelvis
No significant lymphadenopathy is seen
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 20 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The ultrasound report of your abdomen and pelvis suggests that all your pelvic organs- prostate, urinary bladder and abdominal organs- liver, pancreas, spleen, hepatobiliary tract are within normal limits.

There is just moderate fatty change in the liver.
Fatty change is caused by agents such as alcohol, starvation, fasting and in people suffering from diabetes mellitus.
This is a reversibe condition and can be reversed if the risk factors are removed.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Discomfort in lower abdomen, difficulty in urination. Ultrasound showed partially distended urinary bladder 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply!

I am little worried about my Urinary Bladder. The report suggests there my urinary bladder is partially distended. No mass lesion, calculus or diverticulum noted in urinary bladder.

I am feeling fatigued: is it psychological?

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 10 hours later
Hello and welcome again,

The partially distended urinary bladder indicates that it is filled with urine. Otherwise, there is no stone or growth in the urinary bladder.

There is no pathology in the urinary bladder.

Dr Shailja P Wahal