Discomfort due to reddish lump on the scrotum. Causes?

I have a large red lump on my scrotum. I feel a small discomfort. i"m not sure if it is a infected boil.
It is a scrotal mass.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

I would like to have more information, since I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:

1. Do you have any pain or heaviness in the scrotum?
2. Does it radiate throughout the groin, abdomen or lower back?
3. Do you have tender, swollen or hardened testicle?
4. Is there any Nausea or vomiting?
5. From how long is it present?

You are a having a red lump in your scrotum, if the area is infected then there will be symptoms of fever, urinary frequency, pus or blood in the urine. There might be a possibility of it being a mass.

There are many causes that cause this like Spermatocele, Epididymitis, Orchitis, Hydrocele, Hematocele, Varicocele, Testicular torsion, carcinoma.

There is more probability of it being a Spermatocoele known as a spermatic cyst or epididymal cyst, it is typically painless, noncancerous (benign), fluid-filled sac located in the scrotum, usually above the testicle.

If you develop any sudden pain in your scrotum it is better to see a Physician. Some conditions require prompt treatment to avoid permanent damage to the testicle or causing infertility.

Till then apply hot compression to the area and take pain killers like Tablet Tylenol 200 mg twice daily for 4 days.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.