Discoloration of the teeth after injury, lymph node inflammation, FNAB needed

my teeth got injured 7 days ago went to dentist fixed but now turning yellowish and i havee this big armpit lymph node
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Yellowish discoloration of the teeth after injury is commonly due to incomplete cleanliness routine that you are able to follow due to the injury. It can also be indicative of plaque deposition on your tooth and infection.
Cleaning the area properly will help in removing some of the discoloration.
The swollen lymph node in the armpit is one thing which inform us about the breach in immune system. It could have been breached by micro-organisms that is infection, continuous inflammation, hypersensitivity or uncontrolled production of WBC's like in cancer.
For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis.
So please consult your doctor as physical examination of the lymph nodes and lab investigations are must to confirm and rule out persisting infection and other causes.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Discoloration of the teeth after injury, lymph node inflammation, FNAB needed 7 hours later
So the armpit lymph node has got nothing with the teeth or they are related
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Lymph node swelling in the armpit is not likely to be due to injured tooth.
Oral infections cause swelling of neck glands and not the glands in the axilla.
Wishing you an early recovery.