Discharge from vagina after taking morning after pill when condom broke during sex.

Question
Hi, my bf's condom broke during sex and I was worried. Hence I took the morning after pill within 1 hr. The next morning when i woke up. I felt that my vagina was a liitle moist. I took no heed of it. But when i sat down on a chair, suddenly a lot of fluid came out of my vagina without my notice. Is this cause for worry?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Since you have taken the emergency pill within one hour of unprotected sexual intercourse, your risk of becoming pregnant is minimum.
The gush of fluid that came out of your vagina is most likely related to the hormonal changes that happen in the body after taking such tablets. I would like to reassure you that you need not b e worried at this stage. There might be some unexpected vaginal bleeding in the next few days which is not XXXXXXX and will clear up before your next period.
Everything would be fine.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal