Diffused scleroderma, spreading morphea. Positive blood work. Have GERD. Twisted fingers, stiff ankle. Help

I have diffused scleroderma and the morphea is spreading extremely fast. I have it on just about every part of my body and now am getting it on my forehead and face. I am with Kaiser and can't seem to get a rrheumatologist that seems like they want to help. My blood work is positive but I have GERD and had to have my esophagus widened. and am going in again next week to get it widened again. In just two months my fingers have twisted and curled so bad that I can't make a fist or hold onto anything without hurting. Now the morphea is on the top on my ankle and is getting stiff and I am starting to have trouble walking. I just want to know if there is any medication or cream that I should be taking. I did have a biopsy done and it came back suggesting scleroderma. I just don't know which doctor I should ask about something to stop thr progerss, or if there is anything they can do. My rhuematologist doesn't know what to do with me. I need a specialist at Kaiser that familiar with scleroderma but don't know how to get one.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

As you might know Scleroderma is an disease associated with genetic alteration and autoimmune disease who's complete cure is nearly impossible.

The symptoms and progression of the disease can be controlled well and prevent the deformities due to Morphea.

I suggest you to consult a Dermatologist, it is them who are exposed to such cases a lot and have an experience to treat it.

There are many medications like Tarcolimus, cyclophosphomide , Methotrexate and other based on the system involved which are used to control the disease progression.

The dermatologist after examining you can formulate a better and suitable management for you.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.