Ask a Urologist   »  

Difficulty in erection, back ache, high cholesterol. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello i be 40 in 3 weeks i'm 5'11" 180 lbsi been healthy all my life just some high colestherol, and back pain some times but lately my pennis is not getting hard like it use to
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later

The problem in getting a good erection might be related to your back pain which might be causing compression of nerve roots supplying the perineum. It can be diagnosed after getting an MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) of spine done.

Other causes that need to be ruled out are psychological causes, poor couple intimacy, stress and anxiety, alcohol and caffeine intake, depression, etc.

Consulting an Urologist will help in determining the exact cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Difficulty in erection, back ache, high cholesterol. Treatment? 2 hours later
thanks fot the answer,probably my back has something to do with this, i drink about 1 cup of coffe a day maybe two on weekends does this could be the cause?I dont think is psychological I have a great sexual realation with my wife.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your back pain seems to be the most likely cause as the difficulty in erection is recent in onset.
Taking a single cup of coffee daily si not likely to cause such dysfunction.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.