Difficulties with swallowing saliva after accidentally hit in throat. Tightness in neck. Fluid in ear. Treatment?

I have been having difficulties with swallowing salivia in the last 24 hours. It started after my son accidentally hit me in the throat. I am not having any trouble swallowing food or fluids, just salivia.

I do suffer with anxiety and I do think that made it worse yesterday but I had calmed down today and it hadn't happened all day today apart from half an hour ago. This time I felt the pipe in my throat make like a popping sensation or small crack of the bone (very difficult to describe) and then it happen again. I could not swallow salivia for a few seconds. The muscles in my neck now feel tight again as they did last night and it feel like I have something in my throat, not blocking it, just there.

I have had acid indigestion when I was pregnant but don't feel like that now.

I also have fluid trapped in my middle ear at the moment, that does not seem to be clearing.

Is there anything I can do to relieve this or anything I can do?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Trauma in tracheal rings.Will heal with time.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to the platform of XXXXXXX

Does not seems to be reason for panic or anxiety.

Tracheal rings injury might have occurred due to the blunt trauma. Since you are not having any difficulty in breathing it appears to be injury is of trivial nature.

Tracheal rings are made of cartilage. Cartilage takes some time for healing more than the soft tissues.

Please take some analgesic and anti inflammatory drugs for 4-5 days.

ENT surgeon consultation may be required , if symptoms do not improve in 3-4 days.

Hope you will be symptoms free in 3-4 days.

Please feel free for more clarification.