Soreness in the throat, pain while swallowing. Could it be tendonitis or swelling of traceal cartilage?

I noticed a generalized soreness in the cartilage of my throat 3 months ago. It hurts and is tender only when swallowing . Exercise, rest and stretching do not seem to remedy the the symptom. I am a 37 year-old healthy male with no prior case history of major illness or disease. Prior Active Duty - USN, Submarine Duty 97-2011. Could there be a kind of tendonitis or swelling of the tracheal cartilage or cricoid cartilage in my throat?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013