Differential Blood test showing Myelocytes. Diagnosed with Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Concerned?

I have a differential Blood test that shows, Myelocytes, Absolute as high with a value of .10

My platelet count is Low at 53.

I have been diagnosed with ITP. What does the Myeloytes value imply?

Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
stimulation of myelocyte progeny

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question and I can understAnd what you are going through.
You are suffering from idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. It leads to excess of platelet destruction and requirement of new platelets. This causes stimulation of the cells from which platelets arise. Along with the platelets these progeny cells produce myelocyte as well and it leads to excess of myelocytes as well.
This explains your excess of myelocytes.
As such there is nothing to worry but still it would be advisable to do a bone marrow testing to rule out other causes as well.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy