Difference between staphylococcus haemolyticus and staphylococcus aureus?

what is the difference between staphylococcus haemolyticus and staphylococcus aureus

Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Bacteria are classified according to their general structure and staining .In terms of staining- some bacteria take up and retain XXXXXXX when it is applied to them- when they take up the XXXXXXX which is called a gram stain, they are called gram stain positive, when they do not they are called gram stain negative.

There are quite a few bacteria in the staphylococcus family, about 40. These bacteria are round and group into clusters.

They are subdivided based on their 16s RNA sequence. RNA is a molecule present in all living things including bacteria that is involved in telling the bacteria (in this case) what type of proteins to make to survive.
The sequence can vary in different ways that allow scientists to classify the bacteria.

Stap aureus is a found on the skin and respiratory tract.It may not necessary cause infection.

Stap hemolyticus is found mainly in the axilla, groin area , between the legs. Its structure differs from stap aureus by genetic markers. It has different unique genetic areas that distinguish it from stap aureus. In addition it also has some sequences inserted into it that may promote antibiotic resistance.

So basically they are in the same family of bacteria (stap) because of their general structure and staining but are subclassified due to minor genetic differences

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Difference between staphylococcus haemolyticus and staphylococcus aureus? 49 minutes later
thx for that I have staphylococcus haemolyticus from unprotected sex (best guess) I have been taking moxifloxacin and another antibiotic that says MeTRIM on the packet (I can't find anything out about this antibiotic) on the net
I have taken them for 3 days now and my left lymph nodes have swollen since taking the antibiotics do you know is this normal. I thought the antibiotics would have stopped this
Also the pain in my testicles have not eased a tall
I am also slightly shaking
What do you advise
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 14 minutes later

Metrim would be the trade name or how it is marketed. It is possible that it is an antibiotic called metronidazole which is used in a wide range of infections. In the fine print on the packet,it should name the actual antibiotic present, for example it should say ---g or mg of this tablet contains-------.

Lymph nodes increase in size at any stage of an infection and can take 4 to 6 weeks to completely return to their normal size.

Your doctor may have taken a sample of urine or semen to send to the lab for analysis which should have shown what antibiotics the bacteria would best respond to. If your pain does not improve even slightly in the next 24 to 36 hours you may want to contact him or her to see if the antibiotics need review.

In addition, provided you do not have a history of reaction to NSAIDS such as ibuprofen, cataflam, celebrex then you can consider using one of these to help ease the pain. These should be taken on a full stomach and in some cases can be obtained over the counter.

Please feel free to ask anything else