Diet for child suffering from cough, vomiting, fever?
User rating for this question
my son is suffering from cough, vomiting and fever from 4 days. doctor prescribed altacef (125mg), 1.5 tablets twice a day, magadol, montair granules, asthalin syrup 5 ml each for every 8 days.. my son is 4 years old, he is not taking any food and vomits even a small glass of milk given. please advise me regarding his diet/food intake as he has become weak.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infection Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Based on the sign and symptoms you have mentioned, it is suggestive of Respiratory tract infection with Upper GI disturbance(may be infection). His treating doctor has given him all the necessary medicines but there is no medicine for vomiting mentioned here. As he is vomiting out every thing, I suggest you get him a injection of ondansetron. When the vomiting stops give him semi solid diet by making paste of pulse and rice or juice, milk for couple of days , then shift to normal diet. Since he has vomited a lot, hydration is must to prevent electrolyte imbalance in body. Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) and glucose powder must be given. Recovery from weakness will take few days. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
People also viewed
- Symptoms of facial pain
- Diet for child suffering from cough vomiting fever
- Sweating dizzy shaking
- Symptoms of neurologic deficits
- Child having continuous cough with vomiting no fever medication
- Fever vomiting cough
- Fever vomiting cough temperature
- Symptoms of eosinophilic pneumonia
- How to heal edema leaks
- Treatment for dropped head syndrome
- Symptoms of abdominal aneurysm
- Fever vomiting cough diarrea stomach hurts child
- Emetrol medicine for nausea
- Symptoms of tooth ache
- Nitrous oxide and emphysema