Did laser treatment for retinal lattice. Will sneezing cause retinal detachment?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Doctor,

I had laser barrier/painting three weeks ago as I had small retinal lattice(which no tear/hole), but I did the laser barrier as prevention. Just now I had a sneeze, I read from the web that sneeze can cause retinal detachment. i am very scared now...
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Ssuch sneez is not going to effect your retinal health.
Since there was no hole and the laser treatment was only done to put a barrier,such cough and sneez do not make a difference.
what probably makes a difference is injury to the eye directely.
Do not worry unnecessarily and in case of any furthr query in this regard,please do get back to me.

Follow-up: Did laser treatment for retinal lattice. Will sneezing cause retinal detachment? 1 hour later
Doc,

Do u think exercise such as jogging will be ok for me?? Do u mean if ppl have retinal hole n they sneeze will be big problem? I had laser barrier for 2-3 weeks now, do u think it is healed n stable?

XXXX

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 47 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
light exercises,specially those where not much of bending is involved are welcome.Bending like crunches have to be avoided.
There are a small percentage of patients with hole who get retinal detachment.
There was a lattice and has been dealt with and you will be fine

Doctor,

Last two questions:

Will eye supplements help a little for retinal health?

Sexual intercourse safe for my retinal situation?

XXXX

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us
Vitamin supplements are always good for general body health.Any thing which is good for the body is good for the eye.Activly that is one thing which you can do for the eyes.
Sexual intercourse is no contraindication for your eye problem.