Diastasis recti surgery and umnelicul cord hernia surgery done. Can I wear post recovery belt?

Hi I had diastasis recti surgery and umnelicul cord hernia surgery as well. I just want to know that can I wear these post recovery belts to give me support and basically to flatten my tummy.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 39 minutes later
Thank you for the query,
Well these belts are usually recommended till the surgery scar heals and becomes strong so that the hernia does not recur.
It will help you to support the tummy but will not help reduce weight or flatten the tummy.
Avoid wearing it for long time beyond the time recommended by your surgeon.
Suggest you use other methods to reduce weight like walking, dieting and abdominal muscle strengthening exercises after you recover form surgery.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.