Diarrhea while urinating, no other symptoms. Please respond

I am a female 62 yrs old. Every time for a week when I sit on the toilet to urinate I have diarrihea. Now I have to get up during the night with diarrihea. No other symptoms. Please respond
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later

Based on your description of the problem I consider you are suffering from stool incontinence .Most of times its temporary and limit itself when the underlying cause of watery stool stops.Watery stool may be caused by increased sugar levels in the stool, medications , lack of roughages in the food infective diarrhoea etc.

I would suggest you first to take stool hardners like foods containing high fiber, Psyllium husk or Cap ZEDOTT 100 twice daily after food for three days.These remedies will reduce the water content in the stool and prevent the incontinence if it is due to increased water in the stool.

If the above remedies do not help then suspicion arises over the fact that the problem could be due to rectal defect.It is then you may need to be examined by a proctologist.Do follow as I advised and get back to me If you have to be clarified on the problem in some more details.