Diarrhea, cramps in lower side of belly button and stomach distention. USG shows prostate enlargement. Any suggestion?

Hello Doctor
I am 54 years of age.
I have been struggling with my stomach.
Generally I have to go to toilet every morning 1 to 3 times. First stool is generally Ok and solid. 2nd is semi solid. If I have to go 3rd time, it is bit lose. Some time stool passes with blast, cramp or gas. i dont need to go to toilet later in the day or night but sometime i feel sensation till noon time.
for last one month I am having mild cramps intermittently which are mostly at slightly lower side to belly button.
I do feel fullness and stomach distention frequently. Some time i feel fluttering and gurgling on left side below lower rib cage. Some time I feel gas trapped in belly but not coming out wither by belching or by farting. If it comes out, I am relieved.
In last 6 months, I have got stool test done about 8 times. Occult blood is always negative. 2 times I had cysts of E Hystolica and 2 times mucus present. Other parameters are always Ok.
I had LFT and KFT one year back and also last week. All parameters are normal both the times.
I had USG in May13. Everything was ok except prostate enlargement with urine retention for which I am now on medicine and under supervision of a urologist.
I have trying different foods but not able to conclude which one is troubling me. But when ever I over eat or eat more at dinner or eat sweets, I have problem with stool the very next day. If I eat less and eat fat free, I lose some weight and when I eat full, I do gain weight but have trouble with my stool. 2 years back, I was 67 kgs and now I am 58 kgs.
In last 5 months I had 2 courses of Fasigyn DS and now I am taking Mahacef OZ for last 6 days.
I am getting worried and remain stressfull always.
Please help me.

Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information to give a better answer

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Are you a diabetic?
2. Do you have thyroid issues?
3. Are you on any medication other than Mahacef?
4. Was malabsorption including celiac disease ruled out?
5. Was colonoscopy test done?

I would like to have all these information so that I can give a better opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar kini
Follow-up: Diarrhea, cramps in lower side of belly button and stomach distention. USG shows prostate enlargement. Any suggestion? 8 minutes later

I am not diabitic and BP is also normal.

I am non smoker and generally vegeterian. i take eggs sometime.

Along with Mahacef, I am taking Nexpro 40 once in morning and Digeplex T two times a day. for prostate I tale veltam plus.

colonoscopy is not done. celiec desease and malabsorption not ruled out. I do feel better if i eat rice. I am not sure but generally i feel worse when i eat wheat. I have never tried to avoid wheat fully.

Thanks & Regards
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer given below

Detailed Answer:
You have given very good information in your second post.

Intolerance to wheat can cause these symptoms.
That is why I asked you whether you were tested for malabsorption including celiac disease.
Celiac disease is a condition in which individuals develop symptoms like diarrhea, weight loss etc when they eat wheat based food. Once they stop wheat based food, the symptom improves.
I would advise you to consult a gastroenterologist in your area to get yourself tested for celiac disease.
An upper GI endoscopy with small bowel biopsy and a blood test called tissue transglutaminase antibody test may be done to confirm this diagnosis.
Treatment is just avoiding wheat based food items.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini