Diagnosed with yeast infection. Given Diflucan. Having itching and burning. Clitoris swollen. Allergic to miconazole. Remedy?

I was diagnosed with a yeast infection 3 days ago and was given Diflucan. The symptoms got worse on the 2nd day therefore took another Diflucan pill. Today which is the 3rd day the itching and burning XXXXXXX calmed down even though i still have that embarrasing discharge. Now my real discomfort is my clitoris. Today is swollen and it hurts. I am wearing loose clothing and keeping my area clean and dry. Please help. By the way im allergic to miconazole and the vagisil cream as well. When will the yeast infection be gone completely and how to soothe my clitoris?

Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The discomfort that you have in the clitoris is likely to be due to a superadded bacterial infection along with the fungal infection.
In addition to observing the general cleanliness, you can do a hot fomentation and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen after meals for relief. The symptoms are likely to subside in next 2-3 days. In case the pain persists, then do consider consulting your gynecologist for a physical examination and oral antibiotics like azithromycin and Metronidazole.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.